We are only 5 months from the biggest frac sand events of 2018! Normally, when we are five months from a conference we are planning, we have a pretty good
outline of the agenda, topics, and most of the speakers. With the rapid changes and development in the frac sand industry in 2018, we have intentionally held off on working on the agenda. We don’t want to confirm topics only to have the issues outdated a few months later. We want to make sure out speakers and topics cover the latest and greatest in industry challenges and opportunities.
As we get started working on the agenda we wanted to solicit feedback on what topics our readers would most like to see covered on the agenda (on panels,
presentations, and in our Roundtable Discussions). Please shoot me a note (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any suggestions for topics or speakers.
Many companies want to get on the agenda, and we are forced to turn away far more speakers than we can accept. With that in said, here are things to keep in mind when proposing a speaker or topic:
- Nobody wants to have to sit through a sales pitch that is supposed to be an educational presentation, so please do not propose to speak about how your
company’s innovation and/or service will change the industry. If you have a service or product to promote, please join us as a sponsor. Gold, Golf,
and Platinum Sponsors are given the option to moderate a Roundtable Discussion on their topic of expertise, which might be a good way for you to
get in front of your target audience.
- The trend in conferences is to have fewer individual speakers doing presentations with slides. Instead, it has been found that interactive panel discussions
and smaller discussion groups (like our Roundtable Discussions) tend to keep attendees much more engaged and they come away with more ideas. Having
stand-alone speakers for the opening remarks and forecasts is good, to lay out the facts and the trends, but we’re hoping for more panel discussions.
- We want topics which will be of interest to a large cross section of the audience (not exclusively of interest to mine operators, or only to E&P’s,
- Please suggest speakers whom you have heard at other events and who you think were excellent. Those types of recommendations carry a lot of weight.
- If you are putting yourself or a colleague forward as a suggested speakers or panelist, please bear in mind that we are going to try to do a better
job of avoiding a lot of “speaker overlap” with other frac sand events. Too much overlap can give the impression to attendees that “all frac sand
conferences are the same”. To emphasize that all frac sand events are not equal, we are going to make an effort to avoid duplication of speakers
from competitor events. As the biggest (and, we hope, the best!) frac sand conference, we are going to work to attract the very best speakers from
across the industry.
Again, send your recommendations for speakers & topics to me at email@example.com.
The innovation in this industry is very exciting to watch. We are really looking forward to talking about all these issues, as well as emerging international opportunities, at the 7thAnnual Frac Sand Supply & Logistics Conference in October! With 5+ months to go before the event, counting sponsor representatives we already have well over 200 people signed up! Don’t wait too long to register as Early Bird registration as it is only available to the first 150 registrants. Learn more and register at http://www.petroleumconnection.com/
I look forward to hearing from you!